The Media Specialist is committed to keeping Baker Garden and Gift’s brand consistent across all channels. They will be confident in their creative talent, willing to give feedback, and have a careful balance of efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain website, product pages/inventory updates, featured product, and images including web design
- Edit, format, and post blogs (including image selection) to website. Create supporting social media assets and maximize SEO.
- Film, edit, produce video content to supporting social media assets and maximize SEO.
- Seasonal design refreshes for use in email, text, print, signage, web, apparel and other marketing materials
- Design marketing materials to support events calendar
- Create unique content for Instagram, Facebook, and other social media channels.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Engage and assist in strategy and content planning.
- Optimize internal photo library organization.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Play a supporting role to media team members
- Provide constructive feedback
- Follow our Mission, Vision and core values when creating content
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- A degree in marketing, graphic design or related field desirable, but not required
- 2 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role, desired but not required
Please send resume to Employment@bakernursery.com to apply.
Garden Center Associate
Do you have a passion for unique goods, plants, and people? We are looking for hardworking individuals to join our team.
Duties may include:
- Greeting and interacting with customers.
- Consulting with customers to understand their needs and preferences related to the merchandise.
- Taking notes on customer special orders.
- Actively sells plant material and garden center supplies.
- Answers customer questions about the merchandise.
- Assists customers in purchase decisions.
- Unloads shipments, tags, and restocks.
- Collecting payment using the store point of sale system.
- Processing returns and exchanges.
- Light lifting and cleaning duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold
- Ability to anticipate customer' needs
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers
- Ability to operate or quickly learn the store's point of sale system.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the retail spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Shifts include: daytime, evening, and minimum 2 weekends per month; 20+ hours/week
We offer a fun and friendly work environment with competitive wages and plant discounts. Starting wage range is $9.00-10.00 based on experience.
We are taking applications for the 2022 season
- Install plant material, mulch, rock and boulders
- Ability to work as a team with other crew members to get the job finished on time
- Able to work outside in most weather conditions
- Willingness to work with heavy equipment and power tools
- Work on the grounds of commercial or residential sites
- Be able to lift 50lbs
Shifts include: Daytime, 40+ hours/week
We offer a fun and friendly work environment with competitive wages and plant discounts. Starting wage range is $12.00-15.00 based on experience.
We are taking applications for the 2022 season
Accepting Applications Now
Duties include but not limited to:
- Read plans to execute the install of landscape designs
- Ability to lead crews at multiple locations, both residential and commercial
- Must have a positive, teamwork-focused attitude and uphold professional standards while on the jobsite
- Ability to work with power tools, operate heavy equipment and be able to lift 50lbs
Shifts include: Daytime, 40+ hours/week: A typical work week is 8am-5pm Monday-Friday with overtime opportunities. Potential for year round employment with benefits.
We offer a fun and friendly work environment with competitive wages and plant discounts. Starting wage range is $17-20 based on experience.